2010年6月28日 星期一

Cooperative Reading Strategy Instruction

Reading is not so easy. I want to read for pleasure, and find to read easily, but no one gets it at the first time. I want to know how to read effectively and remember what I read. Before learning reading strategies, I don't understand how to use it and its advantage for me. When I am reading a text or an article, the problem is that there are many words or vocabularyI don't know. Then I fail to understand the topic even unable to continue reading it. It wastes time if I check the words in the dictionary.

Now I try to think about how my learning style interacts with the text while reading, and perhaps change my reading strategies to meet the challenges of the text. I instinctively understand how to use reading strategies. For instance, I try to look at the title of the reading first, the subhead, illustrations or graphs. I need to learn ways to leap into reading, keep going, summarize, and connect the new information to other knowledge I have acquired.

I think I just need any three strategies may be enough to make me a better reader. I experiment with different methods including use context clues, summarize the gist, activate knowledge and see what works for me. I think using context clues is a good way to help me not only reason the meanings out but also can build up my vocabulary.

Through cooperative learning, I have got the benefit from it. If I have any questions, I can discuss with team members to get the answer immediately. After the training courses of English, I found I have a great progress in my grammar, reading and listening. It can be proved from my TOEIC exam this time, I attend the exam and feel it is easier than I did it before. All in all, I want to appreciate my English teachers in Lunghwa University of Science Technology, especially our home leader, Gregory.

沒有留言:

張貼留言