2010年11月17日 星期三

Natural Remedy- Ginger

Ginger is a long and thick stem. It is considered the original from China, but is now grown in many other countries, which include West Asia, India, the Caribbean and West Africa. The spicy aroma is because it contains 3% essentials oils. It is marketed in health food shops such as tonics, tinctures, powder etc.

In ancient times it was quite popular as a medicine for pains. The Greeks ate ginger wrapped up in bread after a heavy meal to improve digestion. Ginger also can add flavor to your cuisine and has treatment function. It is an ancient spice used in dishes. It has been used to alleviate pains and very popular as a natural remedy.
From several studies proved that ginger may be more effective than placebo in reducing symptoms such as sickness and vomiting. First, I used it during my pregnant period, I have had a seriously nausea and vomiting. I ate 250 mg of ginger 4 times daily for short periods. I found it gave me some relieves from vomiting. After that, I suggested my mother took fresh ginger juice or tea, 2-4 grams daily for relieving her arthritis pain. Topical ginger oil may also be rubbed into a painful joint.

Having these experiences, if my children have cold and flu symptoms, sore throat or I have a headache, I usually use 2 grams of ginger in hot water, 2 or 4 times daily for our symptoms. Giving the safety of ginger, many people find it an alternative to medications for reducing their pains.

However, the used of herbs if it contains components that can trigger effects and interacted with other herbs or medications. For these reasons, herbs should be taken with care, under the supervision of a health care provider. Before taking ginger, you should consult a doctor if you have special disease, like gallstones, bleeding disorder.

沒有留言:

張貼留言