2009年12月31日 星期四

Be careful of Over-the-phone fraud

If someone calls you up and tells you that you have won a great prize. At the same time, you should keep your mind to calm down. Due to no one wants to leak his personal or financial information to the wrong person.

Last year, a man named Jonny called and told me that I had won an overseas trip. I felt excited for a brief moment. I suspected it to be a lie. But since this is the first time someone has tried to defraud me I was curious to know what he said. He told me that I won a VIP discount card which was valid for life and vouchers for shopping with a total value of NT$100,000. But I had to pay for NT$5,000 to claim my prize. Everyone knows you don’t have to pay to claim a prize. I thank this was a catch, so I told him that I really want to pay this money and took them to their company in person. He didn’t say anything and hung up.

I think never give your credit card details out over the phone or online. We should record the whole conversation when the fraudster calling. And then hand it in to the police to track them down.

沒有留言:

張貼留言